As well as taking some photos we also refilmed some lip syncing moments of the song (as Sally suggested as they were quite dark before when we filmed in college). These looked much better and were a lot brighter and clearer, yet also kept the torch effect. This time round I made sure the footage was a lot clearer. The only thing I wish I could have improved on is the amount of space I had (I filmed the lip syncing at the top of my stairs to match the white background previously but this was quite narrow so it didn't look as spacious as before in college) and the stillness of the camera - there was not enough room to set up the tripod so I had to try and match the previous footage that had been recorded on a tripod as best as I could.
I also took this opportunity to film the last scene of the video - where Ramsay reflects on the moment when Grace leaves and how he shows his feelings through his facial expressions and actions. Ramsay is not the best actor - this was an issue - but I tried to get him to do certain things which people would associate with being angry instead (e.g. banging on the wall). To make his emotions more real we also produced 'tears' by putting water on his eyes. This wasn't very visible on the footage though. I think Ramsay's acting skills will not be an issue for the final product - good performance will obviously make the whole video better but the way I will edit it will make it less noticeable.
No comments:
Post a Comment