Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Rough Cut 2



 This is definitely an improvement from the previous rough cut. I spent a lot of time on editing the video yesterday in college so I did get quite a lot done. There are fewer gaps to fill where I need to add footage and I am hoping I should finish the final cut within the final deadline. There were some issues with some parts of the footage where Ramsay is lip syncing as most of that footage is too dark, therefore I have decided to try and refilm these parts as it won't be too much effort and we will not need to come all the way to college especially to match how dark it was, this can be done at home instead which is more practical as Ramsay and I live round the corner from each other and it saves him walking a long way to my college and back. I am hoping to still have the same effect with the torch but it will appear a lot clearer on the video and won't need too be brightened (which could make the footage appear grainy and unprofessional). I am hoping to do these bits of refilming tonight if my actor is available. I also have some issues with the last scene where Ramsay and Grace are arguing. This drags on for way too long and needs to be shortened so that the flow of the song is stable. However, after discussing it with Sally she suggested I do not have to reveal everything about why Grace leaves, I could create an enigma and leave the reason why she leaves for the audience to interpret which could make it more interesting and mysterious. I may do this by cutting out the footage of them both arguing and Ramsay slapping Grace, jumping straight to where she packs her bags and leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment