This is my latest rough cut. I have sorted out the second half of the video as there was a big gap where the second chorus was and I had to think of what to put there. I was a bit worried as I needed a lot of footage that would out the strong points in the song, but I had already used a lot with the fountain and on the balcony. However I think I have filled this gap in well. I have added more thought beats before the 'silent' point in the song and I think this reveals more about the background of the song and the couple's past relationship (shots of them looking at each other/in the arcade together). I also particularly like the shot of the birds in reverse - it supports the build up at the end of the chorus yet also adds to the 'silence' bit. It all happens fairly quickly though so a lot of these are hard to notice unless you paused the video.
Some areas for improvement:
- I need to film parts after Grace leaves as I need to bring out the anger and frustration in Ramsay to finalise the song before the happy ending. This filming will be completed tonight and then edited in shortly after.
- There are some bits near the beginning of the video where I have added extra shots in to add more of an effect but I personally think the video flows better without it (less is more), so in the next rough cut I will take these out and leave it how it was originally.
- Some lip syncing parts of Ramsay are quite dark and not very clear, so when I film the last scene tonight I will do some extra lip syncing and replace these bits.
- In the second chorus there is a long shot and track movement of Ramsay walking along - this will be taken out as I only added this bit in to test out what it would look like.
No comments:
Post a Comment