Friday, 23 November 2012

Torch Light Effect

For part of my lip syncing footage I had the idea of shining a torch on my actor/actress' face for a 'personal' effect. This also links in with the idea of a torch being associated with if someone is lost: if they can't see their way, they use a torch. This gives the lip syncing parts of the video more of an edge and makes it more unique compared to if they were just stood by a plain white wall singing the song. I personally think the torch effect definitely supports the mood of the video by having the 'spotlight' on the actor and showing the audience how he feels about the girl and the situation of them breaking up.

 
This is an example of my footage with the torch effect. I think this idea brings out the lyrics of the song and makes the audience think more about what they mean and what they mean to the actor. The video by the XX - Crystalised inspired me with this idea with their idea of reflecting images onto their faces to give the video a more psychedelic/artistic feel:
 

 
My original idea was to not use a torch on the actor/actress' face but to reflect an image onto their face just like this idea. I was going to reflect an army like pattern or an image of the world to reflect upon the idea of being 'small in a big world' and feeling lost and not knowing where to place oneself. I then changed this idea as I thought it was too like this original XX music video and didn't think it would be very clear to my audience. I also thought the idea of the torch effect was more creative as it was very easy and simple to do yet it had a great impact and brought out the feelings and emotions in the storyline.

1 comment: