Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Vintage Inspired Make-Up

For part of my actresses make-up I have taken inspiration from the 1950's era with female icons such as Lana Del Ray, Zooey Deschanel and Marylin Monroe. They all have a certain style that links with the vintage look. I have decided to use a vintage inspired look as it fits in with the indie genre as many girls aspire to be different and have a vintage fashion sense.
In order to achieve this make up look I have decided to use a vintage 1950's make up tutorial from YouTube to learn the basic techniques of a vintage inspired make-up style which I have embedded below.
This make up idea may well change during the process of filming, however I think it may be a good idea to use this as an idea as this look will make my actress look like a goddess and irresistible. I think this is appropriate for my video as the audience are following the life of the boy and what he thinks of the girl, therefore if the girl actress looks desirable it will be much clearer for the audience.
As part of the make-up for the girl I think using red lipstick will be a good idea as it will bring out the vintage style in the girl which makes the two characters suit but red lipstick is also a very female necessity and again will help the girl to look beautiful in the boy's point of view.


No comments:

Post a Comment