Today (Wednesday 10th October) I organised a get-together with my actor and actress so we could do some test footage and some recce shots. I also wanted to share some ideas with them about the song and get their opinion, as well as extra ideas.
First of all I played the full song 'Love Lost' to them and asked them to visualise what they thought the video would be about and what it would be like. They came up with a number of good ideas that I thought I could mix together along with my own. They also suggested extra locations, including the 'Mema' art gallery in Middlesbrough where there is a balcony overlooking the town. This was a good idea from Ramsay and I may go ahead with it, as there is already a certain shot I would like to film in Middlesbrough so it would be worth thinking up more ideas for shots while we are in that area.
They also came up with the idea of 'flashbacks' to the past where the girl and boy are still in a relationship. I already considered this idea but I think it would be good to include this as it would make the narrative of the video more clear.
After discussing these ideas, we then looked at some some music videos - A2 music videos as well as normal ones - for inspiration. I showed both Ramsay and Grace examples of videos with a reverse narrative, such as Breezeblocks by Alt-j and The Scientist by Coldplay so they understood what I meant better.
We then finished our discussion to go and do some recce shots and test footage over at Ward Jackson Park, which isn't one of my planned locations to film for the video, but the location fit the genre and was in walking distance from my house so it was ideal.
No comments:
Post a Comment