This is some test footage that I filmed with my actor and actress over at Ward Jackson Park after our group discussion.
I particularly like this shot and framing. The fact the boy is in an extreme long shot (which also reveals the urban location) shows that he is alone in the world. His facial expressions looking into the distance show he is deep in thought and thinking about the past with his ex girlfriend. I may end up using this footage in my video or a remake of it as I like this idea.
This shot can be edited into a jump cut edit with the parts where they are cuddling and talking and with the end where they are facing away from each other. I like this idea as it shows a flashback of their relationship and this will make the narrative more clear. One criticism however is that I will have to make sure that the location that I am using it for the past as well as the present isn't obvious as this may confuse the audience.
This can also be made into a jump cut edit to show the controversy between their relationship. Again, I will have to be careful with my locations so that it doesn't appear confusing. Maybe I could film the same shot but with only the boy to emphasise how he is on his own now.
This is a short video of me setting up the tripod and explaining one of my shots (see below). I wanted to make this video to show what goes on behind the camera as well as in front of it to show how I set up and how I prepare to film.
This is footage from the shot I was setting up for above. I really like the idea of extreme close up and close up shots as it shows facial expressions really clearly and helps the audience sympathise with the characters feelings. It is also handy to do lip syncing in a close up shot as it will make the singing clearer and will show emphasis on the lyrics.
No comments:
Post a Comment