Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Digipak Design


This is my final digipak design. As you can see, the colour scheme matches on each picture and all the images link together and show the tower block in a different perspective. It can also be interpreted as if telling a story: on the front cover, the game is shown sturdy and strong with no intention of being knocked down. Then, as the digipak is gradually unfolded, each picture shows the process of the block being knocked down. This can be a metaphor of the relationship situation in the video, as explained previously in another post about my Photoshoot ideas. My digipak doesn't just need to be 6 panel, it also needed certain features that you would expect to see on a digipak design in the shops, including a barcode, copyright information, QR scan, artist name, album name, track listing (on the back cover) and text on the spine. I have also decided to include a metallic silver sticker that some album covers include sometimes showing that the album includes a top chart hit that will attract more people to buying the album if they recognise the song. In this case, I have decided to use the song that I did for my video to increase popularity amongst The Temper Trap.
Some issues I had with the digipak were that during my photoshoot, I used not only one of the Digital SLR camera provided by the college but I also used my phone to achieve some of the photos 'in action'. This caused a change in colour from the different types of cameras so I had to change the saturation in the colouring to match the rest of the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment